Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, March 9, 2012

bikini shot...brussel sprouts on the side



This is the post where I shock you with how gutsy/stupid I am!  Yes that's me...in a bikini...on the Internet:-0  Hard to believe, especially since I NEVER wear a bikini.  We are talking never!!  But in Hawaii where you don't know a soul it's easier to get a little brave.


I'm gearing up for Spring Break girlies.  I've GOT to get these last stubborn 10 pounds off.  This picture is my motivation.  It's hanging on my fridge.  This was Maui two years ago.  Probably the best I've ever looked and felt...aside from my wedding day;)  I worked hard to get my stomach that flat. We are talking HARD!  I think I ate nothing but sweet potatoes and baked chicken breasts for 10 weeks.  Ugh!  Just the thought makes my stomach turn.  This time it's all about moderation and NO bread or sweets.  I'm hitting my elliptical machine and weights every.single.day.  I'm hoping that will do it.



To go along with my new resolve and fitness goals this week it's all about the veggies.  My recipe for Feed My Family Friday is Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.  Again it's from my trusty diabetic slow cooker recipe magazine.  Love!


1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled (I added 4 slices)...made it tasty
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel (optional)...I opted out. 





1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut Brussels sprouts into lengthwise quarters...toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar and the oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper to coat.

2.  Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes until sprouts turn brown and tender.  Turn them every 10 minutes.

3.  Transfer sprouts to a large bowl and drizzle with remaining vinegar and sprinkle with bacon.  Garnish with lemon if ya want.


I thought these were really yummy...and sorta fancy;)  It's a great way to get your veggies and not feel like you are eating veggies.  Everyone seemed to enjoy them, not as much as me, but no one complained and that's a good thing.  I served it with marinated grilled sirloin steak.  And there you have it.  Healthy, simple and clean.  Beats out baked chicken and the same ole' sweet potato dinner.



LET'S EAT!!!




Grab my button ladies and please share a recipe.  I want to see what's for dinner in your house!




 


Have a blessed day.






484.  my elliptical machine
485.  deadline...pushes me
486.  having something to look forward to
487.  pomegranate juice with seltzer water
488.  yellow spray paint;)


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails