Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

moving on



Not long after we moved to Virginia I started a "moving on" class.  The first day I sat in the class I did the ugly cry...complete with snot dripping down my face.  It wasn't pretty.  I was just in such a raw emotional state.  I knew from the second that I walked in the room there was no way I was going to be able to hold it together.  So from the very beginning these ladies saw the real me...the transparent, vulnerable...extremely emotional me;)


Week after week we shared pieces of ourselves, and week after week I felt something chip away at the pain and loss that I was feeling.  See the joy in my face in this picture?  That is what it feels like to finally have people know you and love you...to belong again to something and feel apart of a group.  There really is nothing better.




These ladies have wiggled into my heart.  God used them to plant a seed of hope.  Hope that I would make friends.  Hope that we made the right decision...that this foreign place could eventually feel like home.





If I go too long without meeting with my moving on class I start backtracking a bit.  The loneliness seeps in and depression starts to rear it's ugly head.  I'm just a little needy right now I guess.  The pieces are still falling into place.  There isn't a Kristine or Missy here yet.  I don't have that every day best friend and it's a void.  I'm not gonna lie.  I'm just trusting...waiting.




Today as we wrapped up our class I did the ugly cry once again.  These ladies needed to know how much they mean to me.  They needed to know what an enormous blessing they've been, and despite the embarrassment of looking awful, crying shamelessly...it had to be said.



BUT this isn't the end.  We are starting a book club and meeting every single week.  I think we might all be a little needy;)  Oh and guess what book we are reading first??  I picked it...Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.  If you haven't read it yet...go right now and snatch up a copy.  Do the book club with us!!!  It's really a good read.


***Don't forget to sign up HERE for Jeanne's awesome camera bag.  The winner will be announced on Friday!






Have a blessed day. 




294.  commonality with another soul
295.  HOPE
296.  getting it off your chest
297.  knowing that it's all going to be alright  


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails