Saturday, September 3, 2011

embracing change



Girls I've been so busy lately.  I've got about 5 posts backed up waiting to share with you.  Does that happen to you too??  I've been pushing myself a bit.  Making an effort to meet new people.  Embracing new experiences.  It's been good...time consuming, but really good!




This week I ventured out.  Remember that gal I told you about?  The one I called and cried on the phone to.  The complete stranger who probably thought I was a complete nut...well I got to meet her face to face.  I drove wayyyyy out into the boonies.  I tapped down the nervous stomach that I always get when I meet new people and I just did it anyway.  It's part of my "live brave" motto lately. Sometimes you just have to do it afraid. 




The girls and I met her sweet family.  We shared and bonded over good food and similar interests.




Our love of decorating and anything vintage and/or Pottery Barn related:)  We talked about our spouses, our kids...life.  It's what women do.  We relate.





This is Patty.  She's got lots of critters, she homeschools and she's got mad spray painting skills.  That's her in a little tiny nutshell.  I love the sweetness in her eyes and how she immediately made me feel at home. 


I love how God is using people to make me learn more about Him and His love for me.  How he's surrounding me with women I never would have met if it wasn't for this silly little blog of mine. I'm humbled and stretched and completely out of my comfort zone and it's starting to not hurt quite as much.  I'm starting to accept that differences are my new norm.  I don't think I'm going to find a carbon copy of me here and that's probably a good thing.  I wanted to grow.  I wanted change and by golly it's happening. 






Have a blessed weekend friends.






49.  long weekends
50.  feeling proud of new adventures
51.  kind strangers
52.  cuddly critters
53.  chalkboard paint
54.  phone calls from old friends


Pin It!

31 comments:

  1. Every day I am praying.
    I know God has some really exceptional things in store for you.
    Can hardly wait to see what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky...God is so good, isn't he?!
    I love how He goes before you,
    and yet He meets us right where we are.
    He's bringing dear hearts into your lives
    ...I'm so glad to hear you have a special friend already, and for the girls too.
    Oh how He loves you!!!
    Hugs over the miles to you my friend xo

    Deborah xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I long for the day I can give you a real live hug. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So excited for you. So great to make new friends, and the chance for phone calls from old friends. I am sure you have heard this, but here I go anyway: "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other gold."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging is awesome! Can't believe how much I'm enjoying friendships with women I've never actually met! Though, so far I haven't found any close enough to meet in the flesh! Glad you are! God is Good!
    Happy you are embracing 'do it scared'...I remember you saying that before & I will not forget. Love that line! Just so ya' know. I'm adopting it!

    Rebecca
    *can't help but wonder? Does your husband worry when you drive out in the boonies like that to meet someone? I know mine would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Becky!!! :) So happy to hear this!!

    New friends are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheering you on, Becks. Wish I could have you at my island for an hour or four. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for friends! SOOOO Good. I still want that painting... one of those things I keep thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO proud of you! I watched a documentary a while back (a long while back in college) that even as young kids, boys are competitive and girls find friendships in relating to other girls...finding common ground. You are so insightful!

    P.S. I'm soooo behind on my posts, too. :) I'm feeling much better that we are having this common ground together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYYYYY!!!!! Another new adventure with a new friend! Your courage is showing beautifully Becky!! Good for you. Heavens to Betsy, (oldie saying!)God has so many new and wonderful things in store for you ♥ and I can't wait to see what new surprise gifts are in your future. You are embracing life even in the midst of grieving the past loss and you inspire me! Thank Y♥U

    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so awesome... so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're such a friendly girl, becks, you would make friends in zimbabwe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So proud of you, Becky and of God.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Moving is a hard thing to do. Good for you for being brave and reaching out and YAHOOO for internet connections making it just a littl easier ;D Hang in there. Love the photos - AS ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, I'm so glad you have a new friend :) God's got this! He's certainly in control of it all and I think Patty is just a small glimpse of the great things He has in store for you!!

    Happy Long Weekend :)

    XOXO,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so awesome!! So happy for you that you're meeting new friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i don't think i'd call this a "silly little blog." it's the opposite! : ) but i am your biggest blog crush, so i may have some bias.

    i'm happy your meeting some sweeties! go you for putting on your brave girl pants and embracing this new home of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad things are beginning to fall into place for you. Continue to "go forth." Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear you are meeting new people.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy it doesn't hurt so bad....can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you venturd out and met someone new. I enjoyed looking at your photos and reading abuot your latest advnture. You go girl!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. "sometimes you just have to do it afraid."

    love your "live brave" motto. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I looks like things have cleared after the storm. So proud of you for "living brave". Life is so much richer for it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You keep at it, girl. I love how God has used blogging in so many aspects of my life, to bring me across people and teach me how to love. He's good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. isn't it great to know that God has something great just around the corner for us, you blog always reminds me of that! so THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  26. you have such a beautiful home. one day i hope to visit you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Becky,

    I love your stories and how you're sharing your bravery in trusting God's promises. It can be a bit nerve racking to step outside of our comfort zone... but the rewards can be so great. Thank you for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good for you...change is good. Growth is good. And making friends is wonderful! You are an inspiration to "scaredy cats" like me;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. the anticipation of the next chapter..being written. You ARE being stretched..you are choosing Him. You are SO brave. I'm not there yet but I'm thankful I have one who is going before me so when I get there I have someone to come to.
    Keep living brave Becky!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails