Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

how it went down

The show's officially over.  It was a long three days.  The best part was getting to know some of the crazy vendors surrounding me and meeting a few of my readers who made the jaunt just to see me:)  There is nothing quite like meeting someone face to face for the first time who knows everything about you and you know absolutely nothing about them.  It's really weird, but really wonderful all at once. 



The people next to me were characters to say the least;)  Thought this was hilarious.

I feel like this show was a huge success.  I stepped out and did something that has always terrified me, and I learned a lot in the process.  I learned that it's a tremendous amount of work.  I learned that I really don't like selling my stuff.  I'm much more comfortable making it and sitting behind a computer screen blogging about it:)  I learned that I don't know what in the world I want concerning this little business of mine.  I learned that without the support of your friends and family you will never be successful.  It's been interesting and exhausting and I'm more glad that it's over.  I'm actually giddy with relief.


The highlight of the show was when the owner of one of my favorite store's walked up and introduced herself.  She told me she loved all my stuff and wanted to know if I would consider consigning with her.  I about fell over from complete shock.  I am not even kidding when I say that having my stuff in that store has ALWAYS been my dream.  It was surreal!  When she walked away I cried.  I cried because if for no other reason than that it was meant for me to walk out in faith.  God had a divine appointment for me. 


So this week I'm stepping back.  I'm going to clean my bathrooms, hug on my children and honey, maybe take a walk and just breathe.  I can't wait to get back to normal.  Thank you all so much for your wonderful words of advice and for cheering me on.  I need you girls...I miss you girls.





Have a blessed day.




Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails