Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The perfect gift



As I was driving to my bible study this morning, one hand on the steering wheel and one hand holding my gigantic new camera...I had so many thoughts swirling in my head:)  It's a winter wonderland in my neck of the woods.  I'm humbled every single time I drive down this beautiful country road.  Humbled by the scenery and the hand of God that placed every hill and valley...humbled by the strong horses and cows I see grazing...humbled that I can attend a bible study at all.  That I can freely gather with other women and talk openly about the Bible and all that God is doing in our lives.  It's such a privilege. 





Ironically we are talking about greed and the love of money.  Still following along with the Calm my Anxious Heart book...it was obvious that it was a hot topic with Christmas drawing near.  We all share similar struggles with how much to buy and the fine line between wants and needs, and as I sat there thinking of my post the other day...with my very unnecessary new camera purchase, it made me think.  What is pleasing to the Lord?? 


It all boils down to a heart issue and is a very personal thing.  What may be an idol or wrongful focus for one person may not be that for another.  And it's not always about spending either...you could be the opposite and want to store up and save every little penny...finding security in that.  So it's an interesting subject.  One I don't even begin to have the answers for.  It definitely makes you open your eyes and realize none of this is ours anyway.  So have your way Lord and show me what that is...period





Speaking of Christmas and gifts I had the opportunity to get a special birthday gift for my friend Kristine the other day.  We met at a bible study a few years back.  The first day they called all the teachers forward and she was one of them and in my mind I picked her...not knowing she would actually be my teacher.  Don't know why she stood out or why I wanted her, but God has definitely put her in my life and she is such a special friend that I can share my faith with. 





So it was only fitting when I found this nativity that I knew it should be hers.  Have you ever found a gift and knew it was perfect??  Isn't that the best feeling?  That saying is so true that giving is better than receiving.  I know this first hand.  The excitement of repainting this manger and fixing the light.





Fussing over the details...putting it all together to bless her.  Well it was such a blessing to ME! 




Can't help but think and compare what the Lord felt when he sent his son...the PERFECT GIFT for us.  Can you even imagine...the excitement, the thrill of knowing his son would be the savior of the whole world??  How when he was putting his plan together he thought of each one of our faces.  Faces that needed a Savior.  For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given...oh it's the sweetest most perfect gift ever!!!





Have a blessed day.


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails