Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

At home with Jeanne



One of the highlights of my trip out to Colorado was the day I spent with my friend Jeanne.  How do you know a real true friend??  You call them up right before they embark on an extensive vacation in FRANCE and ask them if you can spend the day with them...oh and suggest they make dinner for your whole family that night!  She not only accepted my request graciously, she outdid herself showing me her Castle Rock town and entertaining us completely.







If you just started blogging maybe you haven't heard of her yet, but her beautiful blog and Etsy store showcase more than just her amazing talent.  It's a reflection of her heart. 


Before we headed out for lunch and shopping she gave me a tour of her home.  These were just some of the pieces in her studio.  That perspective necklace has my name all over it! 




She does collage, creates beautiful jewelry and art pieces, sews aprons, skirts and handbags...just all sorts of things.  Oh and did I mention she's an amazing photographer too.





Her studio is just as beautiful as the creations she makes.






Her home is sweet, soft and inviting...with little unique touches all throughout.




I think I gasped out loud when I saw her bedding.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I love ruffles and there were lots of them:)  I'm so going to make me a ruffly duvet and some shams one of these days.




This is where she blogs.  I love that.  What a pretty little corner.  She can look out over her yard while she writes and shares her thoughts.





Okay so after the house tour, lunch and shopping we came home and she proceeded to flutter around her kitchen whipping us up a fantastic meal.  She kept telling me this was no big deal.  That when she entertains...it's really something.  I just sat there mouth agape wondering how in the world she could improve on what was already one of coolest dinners I'd been too. 





Oh I forgot to show you Castle Rock.  This adorable town with a real down town and lots of charm is where Jeanne calls home.  This big rock IS Castle Rock.  Apparently she runs to the top of it!  Holy Cow!!!  Maybe that explains these...




Beautiful legs!  I'm thinkin' so:)




So while we were chatting away in the kitchen the guys were bonding over the grill.  Aren't they cute? 





The kids were having a ball jumping on the trampoline and sliding down the big water slide.  Their yard is every kid's fantasy:) 




Our little girls got along beautifully.  They had one really big thing in common.  They both love to play COOK!





I don't think I've ever come across such polite, well mannered children.  When I first met her son Jack, he looked me straight in the eye, shook my hand and introduced himself.  I was just really really impressed.  She is definitely doing something right there. 




Our lovely clean meal.  We had a giant Cobb salad with grilled artichokes, caprese salad and strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert.  So yummy!!!




The table was lovely and simple with fresh flowers in blue mason jars. She's a detail person...there were raspberries and mint in the bottom of those pretty goblets.  I'm so not a detailed person.  Entertaining is kind of where I struggle.  I don't like to meal plan, tablescape or cook.  So this was a huge huge treat for me.  I had a pen and paper writing down recipes and ideas all evening long:)




Best margarita I ever had!!!!




I asked her honey if there was anything Jeanne couldn't do well.  He wasn't having any part of that!  He thought I was tricking him somehow:)  I honestly think he couldn't think of anything...thus the silence;)




It still surprises me how blogging can forge real friendships.  Without this outlet I probably never would have met this amazing woman.




So as we said our goodbyes and piled in the car, I hugged her hard and knew that we'd be back.  They're stuck with us visiting probably once a year.  I'm already looking forward to it!  






Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails