Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Home sweet home!



Hi girlies:) We made it home and I couldn't wait to get back and share a little of our trip. I always miss you guys so much when I'm gone. I've become really used to the little comments from you throughout my day. You keep me company;)



So glad to be home. Minnesota is about as polar opposite from Miami as I think you can get. It made me really appreciate my mid-western roots. I have never felt so out of place...it wasn't just the language barriers and different races, it was the clothes, the food...everything:) As fun as it is to experience different it really just makes me appreciate the familiar. Does that make sense?






This was our hotel room. Our home away from home for a few days. It was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. I didn't realize the room was going to be so big. We even had a full kitchen. The lights didn't work in it, but we had one:)






[The view}



Honey had full days of seminars to attend and then a speech to present later in the week, so I was on my own for most of the time. It was really nice to relax, but it was also kind of lonely.



After just getting back from Hawaii it was hard not to compare the two. Hawaii was definitely more my speed. I'm a country girl and the Island vibe just fit my pace a little more. Miami is very urban, global and diverse. Not exactly my style, but it was still fun to see. I love to people watch and I really don't think you can find better people watching anywhere else.




I got a lot of reading in. Some friends had mentioned how good this book was, so I read almost the whole thing while I was gone. The Help by Kathryn Stockett...a very good read.





I
was so lazy this week. Not sure what came over me, but I completely trashed the hotel room. I was a super slob. When my clothes came off...that's where they stayed;) There were little "Becky piles" all over the place. It was nice to be lazy, but I even got on my own nerves. How does that happen??


Now it's back to reality:) Laundry, meals...responsibility. My folks are here for another week, so we'll be busy running around. Hopefully I can get a salsa garden planted:) I still have plenty of Miami to show you. Wait 'til you see South Beach!




Have a blessed day.


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails