Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Just BE!!

(Honey bought me a journal and a bunch of motivational magnets for the fridge for Christmas. I love this one!)


I tried taking a nap earlier, but couldn't sleep. I have blogging on my mind. Words are all jumbled around in my brain forming sentences and making statements...it's exhausting really:) I was inspired earlier by some fellow blogging friends. They have come up with a word to define this new year. Well I want a word! I love words and I really think having a special theme for the year is awesome...the problem is I'm such a spaz I can't decide on just one!


I've
been praying on it and I've had all sorts of words come to me: content, create, focus, still...present. They are all great words and they would sum up my thoughts terrifically if I could choose one. Then I remembered what I wrote recently about how I just wanted to BE. I wanted God to speak to me...to use me. I want to try not to stress or be anything other than who I am etc... So I've decided BE must be my word:) But I can't just leave it at "be" because I'm a girl of many goals, so my BE word is going to be connected to my goal words.


I want to be content.
More than anything I want to be happy with all that God has blessed me with and not continually crave for more.


I want to be creative.
I love using my gifts and I pray that creativity would flow in and around my life.



I want to be focused.
The only way to achieve any goal...whether it be related to my Etsy store or my goal weight loss is to focus. I get distracted so easily. Focus is an absolute must!



And finally I want to be still and be in the present.
So hard for me. But I know that the only way to any of my dreams or goals is to let them go and trust in the Lord...to be still and know that He is God.





Oh and back to the reason I needed a nap:) To bring in the New Year we gathered with some wonderful friends last night and had yummy chili, played spoons and really just acted like a bunch of 12 year olds. I guess every now and then you just need to get a little silly.


We
got home right around 12:00, so the girls got to watch the ball drop for the very first time. I really loved that moment, sitting on the couch all of us huddled up thinking on the new year. You know resolutions or not what really matters about this year is that we are all together. I am so thankful for what God is doing in our lives and can't wait to see what lies ahead. 2010 is going to be awesome. I just know it!!


I'm curious what your "word" would be
to give you direction in the year to come??


Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails