Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

You are the Gift

My sweet friend Brigetta from Transparent Mama wrote a post this week that touched me to the core. In a nut shell the message was "May you be the woman God created you to be, no more...no less." I needed to hear that. It was a like a light bulb moment for me. That's it! That's what my problem is. I'm always trying to be more...


I've been having some internal struggles going on for a really long time. I love to paint and everyone says I need to do something with it. I keep telling myself I'm going to start an Etsy store to sell some things, but I feel like there is a road block to my creativity. It really comes down to being afraid. Afraid of failure, afraid of not being good enough, not knowing what I'm doing etc... I constantly compare myself with other artists and creative people. I never went to art school and to be honest I don't really know what I'm doing. But what I do know is that when I paint I feel free and passionate. It just makes me happy. That complete joy has to be from God, and I don't want to sit on the gifts and talents He's given me. But yet I feel frozen...




You are going to think I'm a crazy person, but when I was at Wal-Mart the other day I bought myself a card. It was like the card was speaking to me...telling my inner person what I needed to hear.







I
think we all need to hear these words. Don't sit on what the Lord has given you. There is only one you. Just be YOU. There is no one else who can.






Have a blessed day.






Photo Credit: Connections from Hallmark, words by Suzanne Berry
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails