Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Master Cleanse

A few years ago I became a Master Cleanse participant. I needed to get ready for my cousin Tammy's wedding in L.A. and I wanted to drop some weight.  So I followed the diet for 2 weeks and lost approximately 10-12 pounds.  Now for those of you who have never heard of the Master Cleanse it is a mixture of water, lemons, cayenne pepper and maple syrup.  You don't eat anything and you drink this mixture throughout the day.  You also drink a laxative tea...so needless to say you get a real "cleanse" if you know what I mean:)

mastercleanse-occipitallobe2656110004_fa2058d11b_m3407832110_afe9b78ef4_m

I found the information in a little booklet at my local health food store.  Since that time it has become a very well known "diet" used by celebrities and people all over the world and has been widely publicized and criticized.  

The weight may have come off initially, but I gained it back almost as quickly.  I remember being so excited at first thinking I had finally found the answer to my weight struggles.  If I gained a few I could easily do the cleanse for a little while and get it off.  I attempted the cleanse probably 4-5 times in that year and each time gained the weight back.  I really feel it messed with my metabolism.  It seemed harder to lose weight the regular way after that and it kind of became a mind game for me...a crutch.

I believe 150% that diet and exercise begins in the mind.  There have been times that I have lost weight easily and it's because I had a LIGHTBULB moment.  Everything seemed to click and I was ready for it.  Other times, many other times... I would start and then blow it and then start and blow it.  So my question to myself would be "how can I get myself to that LIGHTBULB moment"??  What do I need to do to get there again?  I know the cleanse is not the right answer.  I don't want a quick fix.  There is no magic pill or easy button...I just need to get my head on straight.  I know I will.  I feel the lightbulb starting to flicker:)

 

What about you...have you ever done anything extreme to lose weight?

 

Thanks for listening.

Becky

 

Photo credit:  All images Flickr

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails