Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Free Fallin'

There is a scene in the movie Jerry Maguire where Tom Cruise just signs his first client for his new company, and he's in the car driving and he's so happy he can hardly contain himself. He's looking on the radio for a song to go along with his mood and he comes to a channel with the Tom Petty song, Free Fallin'. Remember that?? He singing at the top of his lungs...about to burst with joy and hope.


(A card my honey bought for his office this week)



I love that song because when I hear it it reminds me of that scene. Well this week God was speaking to my husband through that song. I know that sounds a little nutty, but on three different occasions this week that song came on the radio for him to hear. Every time he felt like God was trying to send him a message.



I posted recently about how we are in a holding pattern waiting for our prayers to be answered. Many of you are in the same situation. Waiting, praying and wondering what's to come. The message is becoming loud and clear to me. We are on the verge of a big leap...we are in the middle of it actually. The other side still feels far away as we are suspended in air, but I believe that giant leap of faith is just what God wants us to do.

It's so easy to go through life and never take risks, to keep it safe, but what if God is asking us to stretch, to go out on that limb...to be BRAVE. I know it thrills and excites me to the core. I'm not saying it isn't scary. It's terrifying, but somehow with that lack of a safety net comes an increase in Faith and Trust. I'm pretty sure that is pleasing to our Father. I think He may be trying to teach us all a big lesson.



Have a blessed day.


Don't forget to sign up for my first
giveaway. The drawing is tomorrow night:)




Photo credit: sunrisegreetings.com, Vintage images
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails