Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A small token...teacher gifts!

As we all know school is out soon and my girls are saying goodbye to two of the sweetest teachers of all time. If that doesn't deserve a homemade gift I don't know what does. Whenever I see something really cute that inspires me I keep it handy in my studio and refer back to it for future projects. The owl painting was inspired from a painting by Marmee Craft. I bought the wooden plaques at Michael's and we used acrylic paints and scrapbook paper to decorate. My chicks each helped with their teacher's gift. Big chick painted the background, cut out the scrapbook paper and sealed her gift. Little chick helped me paint the background, decoupage the bear and cupcake and finished with the sealer. So it's just as much their project as mine. I had them write a little love letter on the back. I think their teachers will be thrilled.


Have a blessed day!


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Awww...I think they'll be thrilled too!

    Here is a Moravian star light...sometimes they are called Morrocan stars...if you do a google search.

    http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Moravian-Pendant-Outdoor-Lighting/dp/B000PAP46K/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1242214171&sr=8-12

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! These are soooo cute. I'm always trying to come up with something for the teachers, but I'm never this creative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you're asking ME how I find the time for things? :) Those are amazing! I love the little owls together! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable! I know they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those!!!! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are super cute!! I'm sure the teachers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative. They'll love them. Great job to your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, creative and sure to be cherished! I'm having a giveaway, ends friday at midnight. Stop by if you haven't had a chance to for a chance to win! Hugs from Conroe, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As an educator, I feel qualified to say...any teacher would love these gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails