Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Late Bloomer!

I just about fell out of my chair when I looked out the window and saw this tree. You see for the past few weeks I've been obsessing a little...imagine that:) Our poor tree in the front yard looked dead. Every other tree in the neighborhood was in full bloom and ours had nada. I had already mentally cut the thing down and replanted something else in it's spot...then one day it surprised me and voila, IT'S ALIVE. I may sound like a weirdo, but I almost cried. You see that is such an example to me. God uses things like this to teach me a lesson. We don't always know what is going on behind the scenes. What may appear to be "dead" in our lives may only be in a holding pattern or in hibernation.

I just want to sing from the rooftop...
don't give up, keep hoping and someday soon your leaves (dreams, vision, God's plan and purpose etc...)
will come forth!!!



Have a blessed day!

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. No your're not a weirdo...I would have cried too. I love the lesson about it. So true. And I was also thinking it's the same with people in our own life. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes with others that may fustrate us, but you can never go wrong with handing out a little grace to them just as we would want from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this thought of yours struck my soul today.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good point well said. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! God is always at work and it's so fun when we get to see what He has been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weirdos of the World, Unite!

    Our Giver of life often shakes us up with His evidence, I think. Thank you for telling us about your tree, and sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how God uses little things like that to teach us a lesson. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you trying to make me cry?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post...so simple, yet so moving, this touched me today..thank you!

    P.S. I had the same experience with one of my trees in my backyard, I thought it was dead and then one morning I came down stairs and there was one little bloom and then bam it all came back full bloom...so glad I didn't give up on it~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 2 that still have not come back this year. Now I have hope that they will!

    Stopping by to say HI from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look around and commenting on my Wonderfully Wordy blog! I love new visitors! Your blog is so cute! I love all the fun pictures!
    Thanks again.
    Shelley Smith
    wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great analogy! And way to see God in everything, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are soooooo my kind of girl! I would have almost cried too when I saw the tiny leaves appear after "replanting in my mind" as well. Those little reminders and surprises of life are so beautiful! Great post my friend!

    Hey, I have to tell you that everytime I open your blog and see your pretty smile and that hat on your head....it makes me chuckle!!! Your beauty shines through Miss Becky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stumbled onto this post...of yours off of your "Widget". I loved it.

    It reminded me of my own three-part series on what I just did (today -11/4/10- and previous) on the title "Leafme alone - I'm changing".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails