Sunday, April 19, 2009

Overcoming the Clutter Monster

Today is a proud moment for me. I have a deep dark secret I have never told you...I am a pack rat! My house appears perfectly straightened and tidy but beyond the closet and storage room doors it is a huge overwhelming mess! Well it's been bothering me and my husband so much lately that we decided to take charge and conquer the clutter. {Before}

{During}
So yesterday we spent 3 hours taking everything out of the storage closet and then selectively put items back in. {After}
What a wonderful feeling. I can actually open the door and walk in now! We have so much crap to get rid of that is beyond charity that we actually have to get a dumpster delivered:0 How does this happen? I really don't know...it's not like I'm a shopaholic or anything. But what a feeling, ahhh it's like I can breathe again!


Have a blessed day!


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I SOOOO know the feeling. Over the last three months I've been blogging here and there about major changes we're making. I gave away 3 or 4 boxes of maternity clothing a couple months ago. I couldn't BELIEVE how much I had acquired over my last three pregnancies. I still kept back one modest sized box just in case we're not done, yet. But the rest is history and it felt so great. I also have a huge box full of DVDs and another few stacks of video tapes we're getting rid of and then there's the...... Oops...started to hi-jack your comments. Heehee! Anyway, you go girl. Way to tackle your stuff and de-clutter.

    ~Shaye (Momma Miller)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SOOOO know how you feel! Brave girl! I've been working on mine for months, and somehow it just grows overnight so I've never gotten in fully cleaned out! Yeah, I'm with you on the pack rat thing. I hope you're "cured" and that I will be too!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails