Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Venice Beach

Remember your first baby?? It was so much fun to see my cousin Tammy in the role of mommy. They only have eyes for each other.
On Friday
we said goodbye to Tammy and went our separate ways. My friend Jeane picked us up and we were off to Venice Beach.
When you are from the Midwest there is absolutely nothing like seeing the ocean. It always evokes a powerful response in me.
My friend Jeane moved out to California last summer. Even though I miss her terribly it is so nice that she lives somewhere that I want to go on vacation.
This is the third time I've been to Venice Beach. I love to people watch and there is no better place, but it makes me sad in a way. Does that make sense?? There are all of these "weird" people who are either high, drunk or desperately in need of attention. It just seems like they all have giant signs on them that read "Look at me, I need help". From the greased up muscle guys, to the homeless people smoking pot it's a far departure from what we see in a normal day.

This is Missy cracking up outside the public restroom. It is the most disgusting place. We had our arsenal of disinfectant wipes ready!

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails