Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Melrose, Sprinkles & more

I'm a planner when I go on vacation. I always have a list of places I want to see. I think this is great because I have this mental check list in my brain. One of the places I wanted to go was Melrose Ave. I had read about it on http://www.seeing-stars.com/. It is supposed to be a great place to people watch and it has some really trendy shops. On Thursday when we went we really didn't see too many people, but we did get some great deals shopping. Melrose has been hit hard by the recession and the shop owners were very willing to barter.
Another place on my list was Sprinkles Cupcakes. It's a famous cupcake store close to Rodeo Drive. It's been on Oprah etc... So we stood in line for about 20 minutes if you can believe that, to get our goodies. And I have to say I thought it was worth it. Oh so yummy. I got two cupcakes, the red velvet and the milk chocolate. Very moist and the icing was super creamy...yum!Me pigging out!!!
Our next stop was the Beverly Center and Loehman's Department store. The Beverly Center is supposed to be good for spotting celebrities, which of course we didn't see any. It paled in comparison to the Mall of America. I didn't really like Loehman's either. I thought it was like a TJ Maxx, but it was super expensive. I couldn't find a purse that I liked there for under $200. I guess I'm just a little too cheap for Beverly Hills.
For dinner we went to Tammy's favorite restaurant in Sherman Oaks, Cafe Bizou. It was just a warm cozy atmosphere. Perfect for unwinding and visiting with your people. We had the lobster bisque and a seafood pasta with black noodles. It was really good.
When we got home it was PJ time. We curled up on the couch and had chocolate chip cookies and milk and just laughed and had fun. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day...thanks Tammy:)

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails