Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, June 13, 2022

Full and Overflowing dinner/art night

I've always had an inner nudge to gather women.  I think it's a response to my own struggle with occasional loneliness.  We live pretty isolated.  And I'm a creative that works alone most of the time.  I think the biggest hindrance to my productivity is working up the mojo to start. For years I've dreamt of having a circle of friends paint with me.  Like-minded women who find themselves yearning for community.  A place to reflect, dream, be inspired, and create something out of nothing.  That's my heart.  To me, painting, cuffing, writing, etc...is an act of worship.  A bond with my Creator that touches my soul deeply.  



When we bought this property I knew it wasn't really mine.  It was a place to be shared.  I've had a secret prayer request for all those years... Lord bring me the people to help me do this thing You've laid on my heart.  I can't do it on my own.  Slowly one by one He brought them...Tracy, Meg, Julie, Maria, Rebecca, my sweet family.  I can't really thank them enough.  It takes a team! It's taken a very long time to get here...6 years to be exact.  But we're moving into the season of embracing the uncomfortable;)  The gate has been opened, the table set, and the art supplies laid out!!  


In April we had our very first dinner/art night.  I knew it was to be called "Full and Overflowing." We feasted!  We worshiped.  We painted.  I don't really even have the words to describe what took place because for me it was an act of obedience and the very first step into a calling that quite honestly terrifies me.  Hosting doesn't come naturally.  Peopling is absolutely exhausting...and yet I know it's the next right thing. Love on people. See them. Share beauty. Make beauty!  AH!!!  God is so good!

Our next dinner's theme is "Night of Splendor," and will be held Friday, July 29.  There's a waitlist.  If you want to add your name, sign up at farmgirlpaints.com.  The waitlist closes on 6/15 when I'll hide the shop and send an email with a password to those who are on the list.  After the shop is open to the waitlist any remaining seats will be announced on Instagram on Friday 6/18.  Hope to see you there!!  



Here are the recipes from Tracy Steigler!  

*I always use organic ingredients wherever possible but I have found most of these ingredients come organically!



Salad Dressing:
1 Shallot, minced
2T dijon mustard
1 lemon, juiced
1C extra virgin olive oil
1t salt
1/2t pepper

Mix until emulsified.  Ok to serve immediately but better the longer that it sits.  
Is best with every salad - also good as a marinade for chicken!
(Dressed a bed of arugula topped with roasted beets, slivers of tangerines, quartered burrata, and pistachios)



Rustic Mashed Potatoes:
3lb Yukon gold
8oz cream cheese
1c heavy whipping cream
1/2c sour cream
1 1/2t salt
1/2t pepper
1t onion powder
1t garlic powder

Wash & add potatoes to a pot of highly salted water. Bring to a boil, and simmer(about 15-20min).  While the potatoes are cooking, in a separate pan, combine the rest of the ingredients on medium-low until simmering and combined.  Simmer 5min, turn off the heat, and keep on the burner.  Drain potatoes and add back to hot pot.  Add cream mixture to the pot and mash with a hand masher until incorporated and desired consistency. 
 **I like it rustic with the peels on
and big chunks of potatoes.



Roasted Chicken: 
(recipe for 1, so it is easily multiplied for your desired amount)
Bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
Shallot, rough chop
Garlic clove smashed but left whole
1/4 lemon, thinly sliced
1t salt, 1/2t pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4-24hrs before cooking, place chicken in a ziplock bag with shallot, garlic, and lemon.  Top with seasoning and olive oil.  Remove air from the bag and place it in the fridge until 20min before ready to cook.  
Preheat the oven to 400*.  On a cookie sheet place the chicken breasts so they’re breast side up and the thickest part is facing the edge of the pan.  Place the shallots, garlic, and lemon around the chicken and top with whatever juices and oil are in the ziplock.  Bake 45minutes, until juices run clear.  Let rest for 10minutes.  Serve.
**I like to add veggies to the bottom of the chicken sometimes, I’ve used carrots, onions, parsnips, and potatoes - makes an easy sheet-pan meal.  Make sure to season and oil the veg before topping with the raw chicken.


Amuse Bouche: (can be served before the meal, on a charcuterie tray, or after dinner with a cheese course)
Almond Butter Crackers (Trader Joes)
Point Reyes Blue Cheese or Roquefort
Dried Mission Figs
Highest quality honey 

The crackers are very delicate….so gently place them on a tray.  Top with a thin slice of blue cheese, fig, and a drizzle of honey.  Enjoy!




You are so loved!

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails