Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, January 6, 2014

five...

Good morning sweeties.  Happy NEW YEAR!  My girls just got on the bus.  Forgive me, but I'm fighting the blues this morning.  The dreary weather doesn't help.  Apparently Matt Lauer said today is the most depressing day of the year.  I believe it, but I'm not falling for it.  It's time to roll up our sleeves and get back to work.  Work is good.  School is good:/  But I'm kinda blah about it today...



Okay so we disappeared for a week down in Florida.  Honey's mom and step-dad bought a place there in Venice and we just had to check it out.  It was a long LONG drive...with many RV's and "snow birds" leading the way.  But it was nice to feel some warmth.  Flip flops were worn and you have to love that when the rest of the country is knee deep in snow and below zero temps.


BTW I'm really really grateful we don't live in Minnesota right now.  I remember those frigid temperatures.  I remember seeing 16- on my car dash and crying in Target's parking lot trying to get my groceries loaded...snot frozen to my face, the wind whipping my hair, panic gripping my heart.  Those temps are NOT messing around. It's scary and dangerous and pure torture.  My heart goes out to all of you bundled up out there.  Even here it's supposed to get cold.  Our low tonight will be 5 degrees.  That's chilly for us.  The Virginians will be freaking out I'm sure.  Weather gets them very excited;)


So I had a little milestone while we were away.  On December 22, 2008...5 years ago...I wrote my very first blog post:)  You can read it here.  It was short and sweet and I was SCARED to death to hit the publish button.  So much has happened since then.  I've made so many friends, many of them becoming real life peeps.  It has been a tremendous blessing...a beautiful outlet for me.  I've been able share my beliefs.  Talk through some hard times.  Share my little family with you.  Grow my business.  I really can say with all my heart blogging has been a life changer.


I have changed over the past five years.  I used to blog every day.  I would get up, get my coffee and sit for hours at my desk...pouring out my heart.  Hopping from one blog to the next, visiting all my "friends".  I was lonely.  My girls were in school.  We had just moved to Minnesota.  The seasonal sadness had set in and blogging kept me a float.  I've felt it shift in importance.  Where it used to be my lifeline, now it is more on the sideline.  I've gotten busy with good things.  The business has taken off.  Instagram came along;)  I don't make as much time for it as I used to.  There isn't as much time for it as there used to be.


All that to say I'm not stopping anytime soon.  I love sharing.  I love this little place carved out just for me.  It will continue to be my "virtual home" I come to.  A place where I hope God can use me.  So here's to the next five years.  I'm sure there will be many more changes.  Many more memories shared.  Thank you for reading along.  I'm so very honored to be a part of your day:)




*Oh and my computer crashed recently...hence the lack of pics.  I'll share Florida soon.






Be a blessing.







blogger
routine
YOU
life...

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails