Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Friday, July 13, 2012

master list and avocado burgers



One of the first things I do in the morning is check my phone. I delete a ton of junk emails, and then I check in with my Instagram friends. They are usually bright eyed and bushy tailed, most showing pics of steamy mugs of coffee and underlined scripture passages. It makes me smile. It makes me line up in thought. It makes me want to crack open my own Bible to see what God has for me.



John 15 is where it fell open this morning, and it was just what I needed.  I've been making lists.  I have several actually.  My master list is staring at me right now.  It's funny Alicia and I were just talking about this over the weekend. 


We've got dreams and things we would love to see happen in our lives and we want to figure it all out.  We've got to have a PLAN.  The problem is I have SO many things that I don't even know where to begin.  I'm not sure where to start and so I don't.  My list just sits on my desk teasing me.  When I was reading this passage this morning the "apart from me you can't do a thing," caught my eye. 


Maybe I've been planning (list making) a little too much.  Maybe I've been turning my wheels and not figuring out how to begin because I haven't really asked HIM for direction or help.  Maybe I'm a big useless branch that needs pruning back a bit to become stronger?  Regardless, it made me stop for a minute and realign.  I want to be fruitful.  I want a harvest...a BIG ONE, but I can't do it alone. I just can't.




The other day we decided to paint some farm animals.  I set up a table for the girls in my workroom and off they went...paint brushes flying.  By the time it was all said and done there were tears...big giant crocodile tears of frustration. 


Usually these feelings are reserved for me, but today it was my chicks;)  Both of them were so disappointed in their art work.  I kept telling them it's only paint, you can paint over it.  But in the back of my mind I'm thinking I totally get it.  How am I supposed to tell them to calm down and not worry about their craft when I do the same thing almost every time I create something??


[A quiet little spot we found in Williamsburg this week.]


Having a vision and not knowing how to get it to look like what you have in mind is frustrating.  We don't always know how to get from point A to point B.  We want it to wrap up all nice and neat and sometimes it just looks like a giant mess.  That's usually when I want to quit or never begin in the first place.  There is some fear involved with having dreams.  There is the potential to fail...to feel defeated or just plain rejected.  But what if...WHAT IF...we give it over...tie into the "vine" and expect HIS MASTER LIST to unfold??  It says our cup of joy will overflow!  OVERFLOW!!!!  I know I'm ready for that. 



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++





Okay people this is good

Like get out a pen and paper right now GOOD.  These are my friend
Suzanne's Avocado Burgers.  She made them for us for dinner once and we were moaning and our eyes were rolling in the back of our heads. 


You'll need:
2 pounds of ground beef
1 mashed avocado
4 oz. can of diced green chilies (I didn't have this...substituted for half a can of green enchilada sauce)
1/4 cup chopped green onion (didn't have this either)
2 cloves of garlic minced (I used garlic from a jar)
1T of lemon pepper
1t of salt


Mash the avocado and mix all the other ingredients together.  Grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.  Top with shredded cheese.  Serve on toasted bun...makes 8 patties.






You know the drill. If you want to party, grab my button, link up to a recipe post and let's FEED OUR FAMILIES:)










Have a blessed day.




656.  Lenina's bruschetta
657.  a prayer request being answered
658.  alone time with my big chick
659.  the porch swing being fixed by my honey
660.  cooler weather this week


661.  the fabulous amy bramer is finally opening her vintage inspired etsy shop today...check it out!!!!  it's gonna be great:)


Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails