Friday, May 18, 2012

leading lady and winner winner chicken dinner



First of all THANK YOU sweet friends.  There is nothing like a birthday to make you feel so special and loved!!  I was showered with little messages and happy birthday wishes all day long (starting with my Sasha girl who texted me at 1:30 in the morning...she wanted to be first;)) and it just made me happy to my toes.  Oh and when I got home from my art class I had big beautiful butterfly balloons tied to my mailbox with cookies tucked inside, and flowers on my porch!!  To say that I've made some wonderful new friends since moving to Richmond is an understatement.  I am blessed, blessed, blessed:)


Last week I finally got some things done that I'd had on my to do list.   I went with a friend to a local nursery and quickly realized I was in over my head.  Do you do that too?  I was standing there with flowers and plants in every direction completely overwhelmed.  Thank God for Joannie who directed my attention and helped me figure out what I wanted to do.



It could have been the super cute goats that distracted me or the chickens! I love me some chickens.  Maybe it was the fun playhouse or...


...the goofy trees.  Not sure, but we finally got it nailed down and when I got home I was a planting fool.  I filled my big front baskets with flowers and then put herbs in my old double wash basin.


 Something I've been wanting to do for well over a year now.  Love it when it all comes together. 




But before we made it home we hit Ulta.  My girl Alicia has been giving me great ideas with her Happy Day Projects.  Have you been over there yet?  I'm a little slow linking up.  This post counts as two of her challenges...but I figure it's better late than never.  A few weeks ago she challenged us to try a red lipstick.  Now I personally think red is hard. 


This one is "leading lady" by Lorac.  Kind of love the name.  Do you pick a lipstick based on the name too?  Remember that line in The Holiday when Kate Winslet is having dinner with the old man and he helps her figure out that she's not the leading lady in her own life??  And it's a light bulb moment for her.  Love that scene and it made me buy the lipstick;)



My blog crush Kelle Hampton told me to get "Wine with Everything" by Loreal.  And since that girl knows her red lipstick I also ended up with it.  Have no idea why I need two red lipsticks, but that's how it went down.  It's growing on me.  I'm trying to be brave and just go for it.  Something about the red does make me happy.  So thanks Alicia for pushing me out of my comfort zone. I'm sorta loving the bold pop of color.  Even wore it to the gym the other day;)



giveaways


So this week for Feed my Family Friday...the recipe comes from my friend Lenina.  Her family calls this winner winner chicken dinner and I can see why. 





It's super easy too. 

One roaster chicken. 
A bottle of Lawry's marinade. 
A bag of steamed vegetables.

Marinate your chicken with the Lawry's for approximately an hour.  Place in roaster with lid at 425 for 1 1/2 hours.  When there is about 10 minutes left, steam veggies in microwave, and then add to the chicken.  I also added some water in the bottom of the roast pan in the beginning, and midway added some chicken broth because it dried out.  When it's all done the chicken is coming off the bone it's so tender, and the veggies are tender and seasoned with the marinade.  YUMMY!!!




Okay you know the drill.  Link up and let's feed our families:)







Happy weekend friends.



582.  one that I wanted to keep;)

583.  feeling known again

584.  laughing hysterically with a giant sombrero on my head
585.  facebook for helping people remember my bday...ha!
   
Pin It!

28 comments:

  1. My old lips and red lipstick ...what the heck I am in. I am going to give it a try. I pick nail polish and lipstick by the name. I pick books to read by the covers. It works for me!
    You are adorable with that wagon. I wish I was that photogenic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i bought red lipstick last week and have yet to wear it really. but i will soon! i tried it on, and can tell it will take some getting used to. but i think with our dark hair we can totally pull it off. and kelle knows what she's talking about, right?! : ) i think it looks lovely on you.

    i'm happy you had a happy birthday!!! and your wash basins look amazing. so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh just last night I was wishing I had some red lipstick. I was directing our school's play (The Little Red Hen) and needed a pop of color but alas, I had none. Perhaps I'll have to make it happen this weekend.
    And I don't know how I missed it but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special treats like balloons and flowers sound pretty special to me.
    I love your planting basins. I just bought an old fruit bin(bananas I think?) from a neighbor's estate sale. Its metal like yours. I bought it with no idea what I would use it for. Once again you've given me some inspiration.
    Blessings to you birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wear lipstick, it's always wine colored. But I hardly ever wear lipstick because it reminds me that I need to whiten my teeth.

    I'm so glad you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some Carol Shaw (lorac = carol backwards)!! Sounds like all those around you made your day pretty special :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. red looks good on you!
    i'm still looking for some, but with my red hair it's kinda sketchy! :)
    so glad you had a wonderful birthday! ;)
    i'll be back later with a recipe! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lipstick!
    Love the herb planters!
    Love the sombrero!
    Love the margaritas!

    Well, you know I love
    me my Becky : )

    Happy Friday,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you had a DELIGHTFUL b-day! My sister and brother in law live in Richmond and we LOOOOOVE it there! LUCKY you! GREAT people in that place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you've found a place to belong in a new season of life! God is so good that way. And yes, you totally rock the red lips! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that lipstick color did you know that Lorac is Carol backwards anyway
    it looks great on you. Birthdays are meant for you to wear sombreros.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we could totally share a closet! Love your outfit with the wagon, love your style :)

    I wish I was bold enough for red, but it makes my teeth look yellow...maybe it's there that I need to start! Plus, I have such DARK hair--(with a gray stripe becoming more prominent when I don't color it)--that I look like Cruella Deville.....hahahaha!

    Your painting is a real beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that lipstick is the same one Alicia sent me and I was totally going to post on it today... LOL SERIOUSLY GET OUT OF MY HEAD woman!!!! Gosh I adore the brain we share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am LOVING your top in the first photo - where oh where did you get it?!
    Your plantings in the basins look amazing...maybe this will give me some inspiration to get planting too!
    Happy belated Birthday!!!
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lips and love that top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look amazing in red. (i look ridiculous, but you? wowza.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to tell you, that red lipstick rocks on you! The photo of you with the camera is awesome...your eyes and smile just pop! I've always worn red lipstick...and red toenails. :-) In the summer, I venture off to toes in grey & silver glitter, turquoise, purple, etc. just for a change. Never, ever be afraid to try something new ~ especially as young as you are!

    Love all the flowers. I wish I had more $$$ and more space...

    Glad to see you're out & about with girlfriends. Awesome!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Becky - you are adorable! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ruffle-bottom top you have on with your jeans!! Where did you buy it? You know what, girl? You TOTALLY rock in that red lipstick!!! It's sooooo you!!! Bright and happy! It truly compliments your eyes, hair and your TV commercial worthy smile. :) I do think that you dark haired gals can pull off red lips more gracefully than us blondes, though. I always feel like a woman of the night when I wear it. lol!

    You're gorgeous inside --- and out, Beck.

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bet your birthday was a blast!! Love the red lips!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Birthday Sweet Thang! I'm loving the red lips....if only I were so brave to sport that color. I feel like I would look ridiculous. You however look gorgeous! Hope you're weekend's great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy late birthday...sorry I missed it in my bloggy absence! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Happy Birthday to Y♥U Becky! I can't believe I missed telling you on your special day. My wish for you is that this year will be filled with magical daily moments that will make your heart sing and your sweet dreams soar higher and higher....and then you tell us all about those special blessings in your bloggy post!

    Love you sweet friend!
    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks like you had a wonderful birthday.....
    the red lipstick looks really great on you!!

    I like that you're feeling known again....it matters, doesn't it!! Seeing that picture with you and your friends eating mexican and drinking that big ole' margarita gives me a crazy craving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We dug out our entire front planting area and re-mulched. Since then we have been to the nursery 3 times and left with nothing because we are so overwhelmed.

    i love the red on you... and I am applauding that you wore it the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love the red! and i totally pick out colors based on the name. that is why i usually only buy OPI because the nail polish names Rock! my fave nail polish is cha-ching cherry!
    Happy Birhtday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So, I just recently purchased MK lipstick that is called ...red. :) And boy is it! I am so hesitant to wear lipstick at ALL, let alone RED, but I went for it, and I L-O-V-E it! It is my "dress up" color. Know when I wear it most? ...Church! Granted, this is the time of the week that I actually dress up for anything, so it seems appropriate.
    AND, love the post title with Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I had never heard that phrase in my whole live long life until my husband busted it out one night while we were playing a game with our kids. Hee hawed outloud...don't know why, but it struck me as so funny! And now here you have this great recipe with the same name :) can't wait to try it! Glad you had a good birthday! Yay that you were born : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for linking up!! that red looks so good on you!! so glad you had a happy bday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails