Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thrive Project: Color

I'm on my way to Seattle this morning.  I can't believe the day is finally here:)  You know it's called the Emerald City.  That's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most...green!  Oh and seeing Lissa and Sash of course;)  We've got a busy week planned.  Lots of fun little adventures.  I will make sure to take lots of pictures.





You know how when you get ready for a trip you plan out what you're going to wear and if you're like me you try things on.  Well this is my outfit for the day.  I did the thing...you know I fell prey to the Hunter boot trend.  I'm not usually a trendy person, but for some reason these boots were calling my name.  I feel sassy and funky and ready to take on Seattle...YAY!  This has nothing really to do with my Thrive post, except that the boots are full of color and that's what I want to focus on this week.


My camera class assignment was really on movement.  Our teacher does some amazing shots by moving his camera and playing with shutter speed.  Some of the pictures he takes look like paintings.  It's really cool, but since we recently talked about shutter speed I'm going a different way for this post.  If you want more info on movement visit Suzanne, my partner in crime for details.




Farmgirl Paints


I'm going to be a rebel and give you an assignment of my own:)  Show me COLOR.  This is the time of year I crave it more than anything.  We've had 4 months of grey, brown and white and it's still going to be a while before Spring arrives here in tundra land. So bring it!!  Whip out those cameras and give me your best color shot.  Grab my button and link up.  I'll pick two winners each week.  Those two winners will be added to the pot and I'll pick the two final all -time favorite photos for the grand leather cuff prize:)




***********************************************************************************

Now for this week's
simplicity winners:

 

Loved this simple shot.  The cute little feet are the focus.  It follows the rule of thirds.  The floor actually provides great lines and the low angle provides the interest.



lowercase letters

I like the angle of this shot and the whimsy with her fun little hat.  It's cropped in close, so the background doesn't distract.  Very simple and sweet to boot. 





Thanks everyone. 
Hope you have a wonderful week!




Pin It!

37 comments:

  1. Hunters are our stock standard walking boot here - Im amused that they have caught on as such a trend in the US! :)

    Have a WONDERFUL time in Seattle. Give loves to those sweet ladies L&S! Looking forward to feeling all jealous about that fact that you live on the same side of the world and are getting to get up to such fun together, when we read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could all use a little color right now:) Safe travels to Seattle...and you look so sassy in those beautiful boots!! Congrats to the winners; love their sweet & simple pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you, today!
    You WILL rock those
    boots, and Seattle, too : )
    I'm gonna upload some
    COLOR to your linky, now....
    Safe travels, sweetie!!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time in Seattle... it's a fabulous city. Of course I'm a bit biased since I'm from a little north of Seattle ;)

    Besides all the obvious places, be sure to visit a Trophy Cupcake if you have time... they are fantastic and I don't even like cake that much.

    ~Chris

    PS Hope you brought a good rain jacket, I've heard we're in for some wet weather this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited, now hurry up and get your hiney here!!! I'll show ya color baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, the boots are fabulous! Have so much fun! :) And be safe! Can't wait to see the photos from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!!! I love the Welly socks especially, I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you will have a blast! Miss Lissa is darling and I don't know Sash but I will look her up.It is very green for sure.I live in Oregon about 3 hours away but I don't get to Seattle very often.I may take a lil trip this summer with my Girls.You will want to wear your hunters for sure.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gasp... That's my Sagey poo! Aw, thanks for picking my picture!

    I've had a crush on those Hunter's! I think it has something to do with my Hunter boy - I feel an extra connection to them! : ) You look adorable in yours! Seattle will be glad to have you! Have soooooo much fun; I know you will! And promise to tell us all about it! I miss my West Coast!

    And I'm thrilled about this week's homework! Go color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun in Seattle! I can't wait to go there as well. Hmm. Do I need to get myself some cute boots for the weather as well??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun in Seattle...one of my favorite places to visit. Love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your boots and socks! Hope you have a fab time in Seattle! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I will be thinking of you as you enjoy Seattle and showing your creations in the art show. Y♥U Go Girl! Can't wait to hear all about it. Oh and tell pretty and sweet Lissa hi from me!

    When you get back I would like to purchase one of your cuffs. Have a question (maybe a custom design) for you.

    Big Hugs,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited for your trip! You are soooooo much fun. Your boots are fantastic! I am going to enter a color picture. I am going to make that my goal for Friday!
    I love your pictures
    and your outlook on life
    and your friendship
    and your happy smile!
    Love, Another Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the cutest in your new boots, although, I feel totally out of it...I've never heard of Hunter boots? Anyways, have fun in Seattle!! Hopefully there's TONS of green for you to see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEAH!!! thanks for pickin my pic, girlie!! ;) i love those boots! i just browsed online for a pair for myself :) have a fun time in seattle! say hi to lissa and sasha!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. have a beautiful trip, my dear. can't wait to see all your pictures! :)

    ps i always knew you were a rebel. no wonder we're fast friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun Becky!!!!
    Lots of adventure and lots of memories and pics ok?! :)
    Love your boots and hat...too cute!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, found yoru blog after loving yoru cuffs in teh shop. Your girls are beautiful. not sure I linked up correctly but I had JUST done a photo shoot showing some of teh AMAZING colors where my family lives in East AFrica. Hope it shows up :) I LOVE your leather cuffs and would love to win one...yeah! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I long for color this time of year too!
    What a fun assignment.

    {{My first linkup didn't get through, the second one made it, can you remove the first one?}}

    -Amanda {CoLoR}

    ReplyDelete
  21. once you wear Hunters you will always want to wear them! i've been addicted to them for 3 years now and LOVE them! Have a fantastic time in Seattle!!!! Look forward to all the wonderful images i'm sure you will take while there!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  22. Becky i totally <3 those boots! they are adorable! i hope that you have a fun trip & can't wait to see all of the pics!
    XoXXo
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those boots! Funny you don't follow trends, I always consider you a very stylish person

    ReplyDelete
  24. Still insanely jealous that you are just minutes away from me right now! Hope you are enjoying your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a great time in Seattle! Love the colorful Wellies...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi
    I posted two pictures... neither came out how I wanted to. SIGH. I tried to deleted them from your page, but cannot... can you?
    I'm sorry. I'll try again.
    Thanks much
    Heather
    hbizzalful@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do you use any photo editing software? If so, which one? If not, have you heard any recommendations?

    I'm debating between a couple so I'm asking every photography person I can think of :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE the boots! I don't usually fall prey to treds either but this one I'm all for. Hope you have a great time in Seattle. I grew up in Western Washington and the green is one of the things I miss most. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those boots are fantastic! Love your blog. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, there's some fantastically, wonderful, colourful photos linked to this post. Have fun choosing your faves, Becky.
    There really are some great photographers around. I love seeing the photos that are linked.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for coming over and commenting on my quilt. Something happened and my blog got deleted all the way! So you can now find me on the blog I am leaving this message from.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Too cute! Must go google hunter boots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails