Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, December 20, 2010

taking authority

I have no idea what in the world I ate before I went to bed last night, but I was plagued with one bad dream after another.  Seriously it went down like this...first I killed someone.  They were bad and deserved it...but ick!  Then I put a baby in an oven I was cleaning.  Hmmmm wonder what that means??  In another dream I went to our neighbor's house and the door was cracked.  I walked in and there was nothing there.  Nothing!  That startled me awake.  And finally last but not least, and this is the worst by far, three of my favorite blogging friends showed up on my doorstep.  I forgot they were coming...like that would happen;)  My house was a complete and utter disaster.  We're talking cobwebs and an inch of dust everywhere.  I didn't have one piece of clean clothing.  I was in complete panic mode. 



{Image found here.}



Isn't that crazy for one night's sleep?  At some point I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and regroup, and while I was awake I immediately started praying.  Lord I take authority over these dreams right now in your name.  I pray your perfect peace to flood over me and calm my thoughts and make my mind pure.  I bind what the enemy would have for harm and loose the exact opposite.  Give me sweet sleep...in Your precious name I pray amen.


My momma taught me to pray over bad dreams when I was a little girl, and it's something I've never forgotten.  Comes in handy too when my girlies wake up crying from something scary.  We have to remember as children of God we have authority.  It's a powerful thing we possess and so easy to forget about.  Just thought I'd share those thoughts with you:)






Have a blessed day.   




Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails