Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Intermission

(Making a wish)


I
thought I'd briefly interrupt the Hawaii recap to share last week's main events. Honey had a birthday. It's the only three week period during the year that I can say he's "officially" an older man:) Mine is right around the corner!


We've been trying to get back on the wagon after our food fest in Hawaii, so earlier he had told me he absolutely didn't want any sweets at all. That night after dinner it didn't take much persuasion to make him rethink the whole thing:) I ran to Target as fast as the car would take me and got two of his favs...red velvet and peanut butter chocolate cake. We split it four ways. That's not too bad right??










Little
Chick officially became an athlete:) We we were soooo proud of her. After years of sitting on the sidelines watching big sis...it was her turn to shine. She went out there and boldly chased that ball and scored three times! I was really impressed. I didn't think she would be that aggressive. Go Little Chick!!!










Took
the girls ice skating for the first time. It was a Girl Scout function. To be honest I hate ice skating...it's HARD! Before, during and after it's painful. I just don't find the enjoyment in it. Neither did they really. I am in complete awe of professional skaters of any kind. Actually anyone who can skate without holding on to the wall is unbelievable in my book:)







Had
to share this little sweet pic. It was a pretty day yesterday and the neighbor kids all just had a spontaneous little picnic. Makes me look forward to school being out all the more.



I
grew up out in the country and played by myself all the time. My brothers were A LOT older than me, so I was by myself most of the time. Seeing this kind of friendship makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. They are so blessed to have playmates.








Big
Chick drew this picture of me on the plane. Isn't it good?? That really does look like my profile. The nose is a little pointy, but she pretty much nailed it! Last night was the first time I've slept good since returning from Hawaii. There is a 5 hour time difference and for some reason I'm the only one in the house that hasn't been able to switch back to Minnesota time. I've been going to bed at 3 a.m. - UGH!!!!! I guess my body still wants to be in Hawaii:)


In
order to keep me from napping yesterday I talked Honey into watching New Moon with me. Let's just say he's not a fan of the vampire-werewolf love triangle. I don't know how many times he said...this is ridiculous:)



Anyway thanks for sticking with my most random post to date:) I have lots more of our vacation to share with you. Hope you all have a wonderful week.




Have a blessed day.




Oh
and I almost forgot my friend Jeanne is having a big give-away on her blog to celebrate her Spring collection. It's too good to pass up!
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails