Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Heart Lessons


Yesterday was a bad day. I got in a horrible argument with someone close to me. I raised my voice, I cried, I said things I didn't mean. It was bad. I really hate discord. I am an innate peacemaker. I know this about myself. So when something like that happens, and it will at some point because that's just life, it eats me up inside. My stomach hurt, I couldn't sleep, I had dreams. It's just the way I'm wired.


It's so ironic to me that I'm doing this series on the Love Dare and what has come so easy for me in the past has become a real challenge in the face of recent events. I will spare you details. But just know I'm not proud of how I handled the situation. I wish I could tell you that after our disagreement I got down on my face and poured out my heart to the Lord. Praying for forgiveness for myself and for my heart to love the other. Instead I carried it with me all day long...fuming inside, calling any friend who would listen and just being plain bitter. Something tells me that Satan really enjoyed my yesterday and that makes me MAD.


So with that said I am going to try the other approach today and ask for help from the only one who can give it. I know He's been a little busy with all the other more important issues in the world as of late, but something tells me that He cares about this stuff just as much. If this is part of the refining process in me...than bring it on because it is my hearts desire to be exactly who God called me to be.





Thanks for listening.














Love Dare images found
www.BHPublishingGroup.com, Heart image photobucket Saucedoe
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails