Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Game ON!

Thank heavens the long holiday weekend is over. As much fun as it is to be lazy and relax, feast on wonderful food and take a breathier, for me getting back into a routine is where I do best. I ate pie...lots and lots of pie! I didn't cook one meal besides the big turkey dinner. We ate leftovers and snacked. Not the best plan for success when you have goals.



(a little frame I made for myself...with a very unflattering pic. honey took of me:O)


A light bulb moment clicked for me this past week. My honey said to me, "Are you taking care of yourself?" I can honestly say no. For some reason I have gotten pushed off to the side and have not focused a whole lot of energy on my well being. Part of the problem with my follow through, on this 21 day challenge has been the complete lack of a game plan. If I craved sugar I didn't really have a plan B to help me cope. I didn't really think any of it through. So here is my revised 21 day challenge. This is MY plan...not saying it's for you:)




My more specific goals:)


1.) No sugar in the form of sweets...candy, cake, ice cream, cookies etc...

If a temptation comes and it will...chew sugar free gum, jump on elliptical machine, pray:), drink a glass of water or skim milk, eat an apple etc... just don't give in! The cravings will pass.


2.) No diet soda! Drink tea, water, Crystal light, milk or coffee


3.) Exercise every day. Go to gym and do a long run 3x's a week with weights. Take one class. If you can't make it to the gym, do it at home!

4.) Read bible every day. Keep it by the bed and read for a few minutes before you turn out the lights. If you are too tired at night, do it first thing in the morning so you don't get too busy and forget.


I'm looking at this challenge like a wrestling match or championship football game. GAME ON! Today is December 1st. When we do this...it will be completed right before Christmas...perfect timing:) I know I can do it and so can you! Are you still with me?





Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

34 comments:

  1. I will be cheering for you from the sidelines Becky! I know you can do it and I envy your self control. I will be jumping on board in January and joining Weight Watchers. I am looking forward to that ~ I really am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me Becky! By the way I LOVE the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becky, I've decided in spite of my bummed up knee to join you in this challenge. I'm giving up the sugar, exercising around my knee pain problem and reading my bible every day. I'm with you!

    Thanks,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Can DO it! Game on Sista!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in a constant challenge with myself day in and day out. It is so hard. But if I mess up one day, I just pray hard to get on track the next. You inspire me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to, but I just don't know if I can do it! I'm just being completely honest. I will pray about it and get back to you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes ma'am! I'm with you.I am a structure girl. in a big way. So I do it all in the am before the crew gets up. Me time gets done right now. A little blog time, 5:45 Bible time, 6:00 run time. I am making me get my bootie up off this chair and into running gear to make sure my dog gets the walk. If the dog doesn't get the walk= destruction in my yard. That is my motivation right now. Whatever works,right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, just started my own Game Plan yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, still with ya. I even went jogging outside with my nephew the day after thanksgiving while visiting family in BBRRRR cold Iowa! Now to keep on keeping on! Good job with your game plan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you girl! You are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl!!! LOVE the frame!!!
    Blessings!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm doing a similar challenge, but I'm with on this. Love the frame. Get that on Etsy, it would sell out in seconds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still with you! Thanksgiving was tough, but I'm ready to get with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still with you! Thanksgiving was tough for me, as well. I faced the scale, yesterday morning. Yikes! I am also back in the game. We can do this. :) Very Cute frame. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still with you! Thanksgiving was tough for me, as well. I faced the scale, yesterday morning. Yikes! We can do this. :) Thanks for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BOOM! BOOM! POW!
    10 days w/o soda is actually leaving me feeling really good! I'm in for another 21!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you...I am not sure I could give up my diet soda's!

    But I am trying really hard to lose at leat 5 lbs by Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheering for you Becky!! yipee!! I started running again and doing my work out videos at home, with a kid around my legs...and I feel so much better! Hang in there and I love your attitude...GAME ON!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with you, but the no sugar thing is really hard! So think I will focus on the exercising more, so I can have a little bit of sugar.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES! This is just what I need. I really want to get back into shape and lose a few LB's! I know this will be hard for me, but I know it will be so worth it- thanks for the inspiration!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog also, I so appreciate the support- infertility is NOT easy in any way... but God is so good and I know he has big plans for us. Thanks again! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm with ya. I will start officially tomorrow. I need to make my own little list and get started.

    You can do it friend :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm with you... We can do this! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best of luck girl! I won't be joining you on this endevor but I will be here with pom poms along the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'M WITH YOU STILL...I NEED THIS SAME THING TO GET THROUGH THESE HOLIDAYS IN GOOD SHAPE!!!
    Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. You go, girl! Prayers going up for success!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What super wonderful and inspired idea!! But instead of denying yourself sweets completely, why not plan to have one sweet reward at the end of the week if you follow through with your plan. If you mess up, no reward. Just an idea! I'm definitely joining you by making a plan for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm cheering for you . I need to increase my water intake and get more sleep!!! Sending "game on thoughts" your way!!!
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  28. You go sweet girl!! The fact that you had a photo just cracked me up cause I've done that too... I always need motivation... like a pair of pants that I want to wear hanging on the back of the front door... er something like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your new background with the sunflower, I LOVE sunflowers. I think that's one thing that makes it hard to motivate me...is the dark winter and cold weather. I'm a sunshine, warm weather kind of girl. It gives me so much more energy. I have been sick with a cough for a while so haven't been exercising, but I REALLY need to. I need to take care of my self better too. Thanks for your encouragement! I love your more specific goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am settling in here and finally back online. I missed reading you. I am hitting the gym that we are now members of tomorrow and adopting GAME ON as my own.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So excited...you can do it!!! And complete honesty...I get to get my act in gear too:) You are doing awesome...leave POSITIVE notes for yourself everywhere and places you see the most throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great tips and ones I aspire to follow! (except the no diet soda will be hard...)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your new game plan! I think you will have yourself on the right track now!! I will be working on my game plan too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails