Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A grateful heart and winner!


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it, from the simplicity of being with friends and family, to eating a giant feast, to taking time and focusing on being grateful. Honestly I wish every holiday could be this pure and perfect. So in the tradition of Thanksgiving this year I want to take a minute and express to the good Lord what I'm happy for.



Thank you God for hugs from my girls and kisses from my Honey. Thank you for blessing me with these people who love me like You do.

Thank you God for Honey's job and the security it provides and thank you Lord for the time of struggle and worry this past year because it made me seek Your face.

Thank you God for every blessing in my life because I know You are the Giver of every good gift.





Thank you Lord for Your mercy and grace and forgiving me and extending to me Your pardon for my sins.



Thank you God that I have health and happiness, and even in those times of illness or darkness they make me appreciate how precious each day is.



Thank you God for my friends and family and the knowledge that if they know You we will spend eternity together.


Thank you Lord for your love & hope and for fulfilling all of Your promises.





I am also truly grateful for each and every person I have met through blogging this year. They have enriched my life greatly. I wish I could give each one of you this amazing cookbook, but there can only be one winner... and that lucky person is....


Blondie N' SC




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.




Images #1 & 2 by Alicia Bock and #3 Art by Melissa May found on Etsy
Pin It!

29 comments:

  1. I love your thank you's...me too. Congratulations to Blonde, how wonderful for her! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours..so glad I have met you! Come say hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you, Becky! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I love that you thanked God directly. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An extra lovely post! Hope your thanksgiving is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving!! You have a beautiful family as well!! God bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Becky, enjoy this time together with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a beautiful post Becky. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Congrats to Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful prayer..thanks for sharing! Congrats Blondie! Happy Thanksgiving Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen. ((with tears in my eyes)) I couldn't agree more with your "thanksliving" list (putting it into my own words, of course).

    Congratulations! to Blondie 'N' SC...yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, Tara is a sweetie! Loved your thoughts on thankfulness...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet post -- thanks for sharing!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi becky !!! thanks so very much for your sweet comment on my blog !! I LOVE Jeanne too she is such a wonderful friend and the sweetest girl i know !! i hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving !!! Your blog is wonderful and am now a follower too !!
    xo,
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becky that was a beautiful post...it seems at times, I want everyday to be a holiday, to have those feelings of closeness and thanksfulness...to feel cheer from everyone, and to know we are all blessed...I want everyday to be that way...I loved your post...
    And thank you soooo much for the cookbook! ekkkkk, so excited, you totally made my day considering I have to go to the store after work, and it is going to be a madhouse....and I will just think of you and your gift to me, and be on cloud 9!!! Happy thanksgiving to you lovely!! muwahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much to be Thankful for!!! Congrats to blondiensc!!

    Have a really happy Thanksgiving sweet friend!
    Sash

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Congrats to Tara!

    Happy Thanksgiving Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a warm and wonderful day tomorrow.
    what a beautiful post.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Such a wonderful post!! wishing you a very blessed day... I'm giddy for Tara!!!! :)
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Thanksgiving as well! Beautiful post hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your pie. I'm not doing well on the 21 day challenge at all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us all of the things that you are grateful for. You have inspired me to do the same. And will do so tonight.

    I am grateful for finding your blog and getting to know you a little bit.

    Blesssings to you and to your family and Happy Thanksgiving Day.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanksgiving is my favorite as well! Hope you and your family have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well-said my blogging friend:) Hope you & yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Oh...and congrats to the winner of PW's cookbook:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Thanksgiving, Becky! Thank you for visiting my blog. I really like this post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wanted to swing by... give a hug... and wishes...
    so glad i did... beautiful post!

    hAppY Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Thanksgiving to you sweet Becky! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you had a fabulous day yesterday Becky and I love your list ~ I am thankful for the people that blogging that brought into my life ~ and that means you! Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing everything that you are thankful for. I hope you had a beautiful holiday with your family. I am so thankful for all of the amazing people I have learned so much from through this blogging world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts. I love hearing what YOU have to say:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails