Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The ABC's of me

I had a surprise the other day, my blogging friend Lissa from Humble Pie passed an award to me...yay!! Go visit her. She is just the sweetest thing and has had a hard few months. Some of you may really identify with her struggle. Now I normally don't take the time to do this sort of thing, but it's been so long I thought I'd play along.






Rules:
1.) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.

2.) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.

3.) Present this award to 9 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.

4.) Tell those 9 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving



So here goes nothing, the ABC's of me:


1.) I've had three near death experiences. #1 I almost drowned in a friend's swimming pool as a little girl and to this day I have a fear of being submerged underwater. #2 I was playing at a neighbor's house and they had been harvesting. I stuck my head in the grain bin (they were all jumping around in there) for just a few seconds and my lungs completely closed up with a horrible asthma attack. By the time I got to the hospital I was blue! #3 When I was a senior in high school I pulled my car out in front of another classmate's car and I swear his car passed directly through mine. There is no chance that we did not hit. That was seriously the most heart stopping moment of my life.


2.) I am a little embarrassed to admit that I'm a reality t.v. show junkie. My honey and I set the DVR and every night after the kids are in bed we watch an assortment of shows: The Bachelor, Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, The Biggest Loser, American Idol, Big Brother, Kendra, Guilliana and Bill, Housewives of Wherever, Design Star etc... I'm sure I'm missing something. We used to watch Survivor years ago, but got burned out. I know for a fact that if I was ever on that show I'd be the first one kicked off. I hate being too hot, cold, overly tired, hungry etc... They would find me the weakest link in a hurry;)


3.) I hoard food. At any given time my pantry, cupboards, freezer and fridge will all be overflowing with food. I don't know why I'm like this I just am:)








4.) I have a nightgown that I wear on a regular basis that I've had since I was 13. I remember picking it out at the store to take to church camp. I wanted to look cute. It's got Garfield on it and it says something about giving a whoopty do.





5.) I keep a stash of chocolate underneath my bed. Enough said:)



6.) I love hospitals. When I was a younger I remember I couldn't wait to turn 13, so I could sign up to be a candystriper. I felt so important signing in for duty. Making beds, filling up pitchers of water and transferring patients to x-ray. Oh I was in my element.


7.) I actually went to school to become a COTA, certified occupational therapy assistant. During my first year of school, our teacher made us do various craft projects to learn how to break things down into steps, so we could write goals etc....for our patients. Anyway during this time I learned that I loved to create things, go figure:) Right after graduation I got pregnant with our first chick and I never used my degree.


8.) I hate to speak in public. I never liked speech class, class presentations or student teaching. I just get really nervous. I guess that's why blogging is such a great fit for me. I can hide behind my computer screen:)


9.) When I go to a book store, yard sale, flea market etc... I become completely overwhelmed. I have to take deep breaths and seriously pray that if there is something I'm supposed to find I will find it. I panic a little and I'm afraid that someone will get there before me and take my treasure:) Praying has helped me alot.




10.) I love the smell of menthol. Every night before bed I put Mentholatum under my nose and on my lips. When I was in labor with little chick I sniffed Noxema to help me get through my contractions. How weird is that?? Something in it helps me relax.




So now I have to nominate 9 other women to play along. I picked the following ladies because I'm just curious what their "honest" responses would be. Some follow along regularly and some are newbies.


Sheryl from The Perch
Shannon from Flower Patch Farmgirl
Manuela from The Pleasures of Homemaking
Leah from Family Matters
Tracey from French Larkspur
Sasha from Lemonade Makin' Mama
Dandy from Spontaneous Clapping
Simone from The Bottom of the Ironing Basket
Brigetta from Transparent Mama



Thanks ladies if you decide to play along. If not, you won't hurt my feelings either. I have loved getting to know each and every one of you. I look forward to reading your responses.



For the rest of you...tell me a little unknown fact about yourself.
I love getting to know all of you better:)



Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails