Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

The perfect date

Our wedding day


Last night


Seventeen years ago I said "I do" to my very best friend. We were so young, but we knew that God had placed us together and there was no fear or questioning as we took our giant leap at age 19.


That feels like a million years ago. Since then we have moved 8 times, had two children and have grown and changed into the "adults" we are now. So glad we've done it all together!





For my surprise last night, my Honey took charge and planned a lovely dinner and a movie night. He made reservations at a really nice restaurant called Pittsburgh Blue and we seriously had the best meal of our entire lives. It was that good!



Because it was our anniversary they surprised us with a free dessert. I about peed my pants when they brought it out. You know how I feel about cupcakes...well this was like my dream version. Red velvet on a layer of strawberry sauce and cream cheese icing. It was cold and delicious. The sparkler reflected my extreme enthusiasm...ha! Minutes before Honey had just said he was too full for dessert, but somehow he managed to wolf his portion down just fine;)


After dinner we went to some bookstores and leisurely took our time browsing for some great reads. I picked up Tara Frey's new book "Blogging for Bliss". It was like she wrote it just for me...seriously:) It has several of the blogs I visit everyday. I was so excited to see Lola B's Boutique, A Bushel and a Peck, Daisy Cottage, Sadie Olive etc... all my favs.


It really was the perfect date. Honey did himself proud. The best part was that it was all his idea:)



Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails