Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pampered Soles


Last
night Missy and I got pedicures. I really should do this more often because of my nasty cracked feet, but I don't. So it was a real treat:)



Every time I have done this though instead of thoroughly enjoying it, I think too much. I feel really weird having someone down at my feet...working. I know it's their job and I'm paying them, but I don't like the feeling of sitting up high and looking down on a person doing something so yucky for me. The nail places I go to the women usually don't speak very much English, so it's just awkward. This lovely lady didn't speak to me once. She used hand gestures to get me to put my feet up or down etc... That's almost better than trying to understand what they are saying. I get so embarrassed when I have to ask them to repeat themselves.


Have you ever participated in a foot washing? My mom and I did this once at a Christian conference years ago. It was just an amazing thing really...to get down and humble yourself and to honor that person by washing their feet. Remember the lady in the bible that washed Jesus feet with her tears...wow!


Luke 7:38 (New Living Translation) 38 Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on them.



Have a blessed day.

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails