Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Work in Progress

While I was painting today I couldn't help but think about stuff, that's what I do while I paint. My gloomy mood last week wasn't all from the rainy weather, but because of a conversation I had with a friend. I had hurt my friend with my words and although my pride was hurt to discover this I was humbled and felt pain because I had injured a friendship. Why even a week later do I still worry about this? Why am I so slow to forgive myself? I know God is quick to forgive and it's forgotten forever, why can't I be like that with my own sin??

When I paint I am so impatient with the process. I can't wait until the end because the "during" is so ugly. I want to see the finished result at the beginning. It doesn't work that way. It is a journey and fortunately the outcome is usually pretty good. Thank you Lord for being patient with me while I wait! I know that a beautiful work will result from the struggle.

Thanks for listening,

Photo Credit: Arne1101

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails