Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Grandma June




Saturday night we headed down to my Grandma June's house. She is 93 years old and just a spit fire. She is sharp as a tack mentally and just keeps on going. Grandma is known for her cooking and generous spirit. She is always baking things for the Lion's Club, taking care of people and just doing for others in general.

She is the least lazy person I know and I admire her tremendously. She has started to decline physically and I asked her about getting old and she said, "Honey, all you need is a little courage". Don't ya just love that attitude?!

Her house is a hodgepodge of all the things she has collected over her 93 years.

She had eight kids and their pictures are all up in the top of the display case on the wall. I have no idea how many grandkids and great grandchildren there are...way too many for me to keep up with.

Grandpa died in his 50's. She still had 6 kids at home. He was a milk man and his truck was struck by a train. I never got to meet him, but I heard he was a wonderful man...very happy and jolly.

Love you Grandma!!

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails