Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Amish Country

Last week in Illinois we visited Arthur. A farming community where the Amish live. I am just fascinated with their simple way of life. It was a nice little road trip. We were all a little nostalgic thinking about Ralph and this was one of his favorite places to visit.
Here's my mother-in-law with my chicks. We had just eaten at Yoder's Kitchen...oh my goodness. I love Amish food. There is nothing better than fried chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, bread and apple butter...yum!!!
On our way home I about wrecked the car trying to pull over to take pictures of all the clotheslines. Doesn't that seem crazy to us...putting clothes out to dry and especially when it's all of about 30 degrees.
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails