Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grandma June's cookies


My parents shipped us a Christmas package a few days ago. OH my gosh, they put my Grandma June's Sour Cream cookies in there and her famous peanut brittle. Got to say this is a huge weak spot for me. I just sprained my ankle at the gym and now I have these cookies to work off. I had 6 yesterday and they are huge! What's a girl to do?? Anyway thought you might like the recipe.


Sour Cream cookies:

  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 cups flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • vanilla (a smidge)
  • Mix up and chill in the refrigerator overnight. Roll out and place on floured cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and place 3 or 4 red hot candies in the center. Press down with measuring cup and then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails