Translate

Click here to SHOP!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

i'm on the "food rules" tour



I was recently asked to go on a book tour.  I was so oblivious.  Seriously I was like uh publisher lady...not sure if that will work in my schedule.  You know I have kids and a honey right??  She probably thought I was a crazy loon.  In fact being on a book tour just meant giving my opinion about the book...not going on tour like a rock star;)  DUH!  Okay I guess I can squeeze that in...hee hee!


So I get this book (Food Rules by Michael Pollan) in the mail and I start reading and at first I was like this isn't rocket science, it's all very common sense.  Then the genius of it all started kicking in.  We are so warped by this diet and that report etc...that we have no idea what to do any more regarding food.



This author breaks it down wonderfully into three parts.  What should I eat?  What kind of food should I eat?  How should I eat?   His mission was to more or less prove that our grandparents had all the wisdom in this area.  Lots of people wrote in and helped him out and he came up with 83 rules.




My favorite part of the book were the illustrations of course.  Apparently this is a new edition and the illustrations are a new added improvement.  I can only imagine how much they contributed to the original book.  The artist Maira Kalman was fantastic.  I loved her simple, colorful pages.  They drew me in 100%.


The beauty of the Food Rules book is that you don't have to follow every single rule.  It's not about that.  Even if you change a few bad habits and incorporate some of the rules your health will benefit.  My favorite rules were:


40.  Make water your beverage of choice.
45.  Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.
50.  Avoid ingredients that lie to your body.
56.  Eat when you are hungry not when you are bored.
69.  Order the small.
79.  Treat treats as treats.



I think I have some new "rules" to try and follow;)  Great stocking stuffer. 




Have a blessed day.





271.  hopefully breaking old habits
272.  the twinkle of Christmas in my house
273.  laundry done once again
274.  my girl whose beautiful voice rings out in the dark...when she should be sleeping
275.  friends who encourage and lift up
276.  creating all day...without my computer on!

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails